Saturday, April 09, 2011

The Finishing Touch

I've been a very busy little knitting person since I was last on here. My business is all registered, leaflets have been printed and the website is live.

I give you all The Finishing Touch.

To clarify, the idea behind the business was that I like finishing. I enjoy the challenge of setting in sleeves and having them look perfect. I like mattress stitch, and watching seams slowly join together. Shockingly, I even like sewing in ends so they don't show. Why do you think I do so much Fair Isle?

The plan is to pick up the knitting on a Monday and drop it off the next Monday (while picking up the next rounds). Yes, I can come and harass you at work. Nothing like being outed as a knitter to your co-workers, right? (Besides which, if you're not knitting during work hours you're not maximising your best knitting times!)

All of the work is done in my cozy little bungalow, far far away from a small sleeping child and a highly annoying kitteh. I've got the back room of my bungalow set up and ready to go and I'm now scarily excited.

When Mark at Geekzone set up the website, I was scared (and highly impressed. Thanks Mark, it looks amazing!). When I ordered the leaflets, I was scared. Now that I've announced it here, I'm terrified.

Posting it here makes it real, which means there's no turning back. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Sonia said...

Congratulations Andrea! A terrific idea.

I think you should list your knitting achievements at the Royal Melbourne Show etc on your website, so potential clients know how fabulous you really are and that they can trust you with their precious hours of work.

I'm going to tell everyone!

Leonie said...

Congratulations and well done on both the idea and getting it all set up. I hope it all goes well for you.

Bells said...

what a great idea! Genius!!

Gidgetknits said...

Wow - congratulations! Just the other day I was hearing stories about the 60s when they'd finish off sweaters for you in the knitting section of department stores and thought 'that's fantastic - it'd be great if we still had services like that!'

Celia said...

I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor.