Saturday, January 01, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Ever since I was very little, my favourite number has been eleven, so I have a feeling this is going to be a pretty great year.














Normally, when I look back at each year of knitting I post a lovely long list of what I've finished. This time it'll be a bit different. You see, I've finished some projects that I never wrote about, so I have no links for those. I didn't have a fantastically long list of finished projects anyway, just bootees (for Marcus), skewed socks (for me), a hat (for Marcus), a fair isle jacket (for Marcus) and a jumper (for Marcus). I'm sensing a theme to my knitting for the year.

My biggest achievement in knitting was the Australian Country Spinners competition win, and I have to admit I still turn to Felix occasionally and ask if it really happened. Yep, it really did. If I collected a dollar from every person who asked (usually in shock at the news) "For knitting?!?" I think I'd have the prize money twice over. Fools! How can they not know the awesomeness of knitting?

I've been spending the last few weeks not knitting, mainly because I've been far too exhausted to even stay awake at night. I could blame the summer heat, but here in Melbourne we haven't had any (woohoo! Bring on winter!) and the scan of our next baby kind of gave it away instead. Keep an eye out for news around the beginning of July - my due date is the 6th. Mind you, the end of February is when I can find out what I'm having, so if I suddenly start knitting a LOT of pink, I think we'll all know. Not to mention Judith's screams of hysterical joy might give it away...

3 comments:

Celia said...

Happy New Year!

Sonia said...

Happy New Year! and Congratulations! Wow wee! All the best for an exciting year ahead. xS

Leonie said...

Happy New Year! Also Congratulations on your Work in Progress, will be waiting to see the coloured garments start pouring off your knitting needles in the coming months :-)