Friday, August 22, 2014

How bad can it be?

What's your oldest WIP? What deep dark woolly secrets lie within your cupboards and drawers? Mine is probably a cardigan I started over the summer of 2005, and never restarted. I'll get around to it one day.

Yesterday afternoon I received a bag containing the ultimate Work In Progress.


This jumper was started over 48 years ago. My mum wants me to finish it for her. The neck needs to be picked up and a band knitted. Oh, and the sleeves after that, but she thinks there might be a problem in the neck shaping, so fix that bit first.


"I don't like sewing in ends."

Now I know why it's taken so long to finish.

2 comments:

Celia said...

I've got a cable knit sweater that I haven't touched in a while.

elns said...

That's impressive. Hehe.

I think I have a cotton green stole that I started 5 years ago? I thought I was going to finish it last year, and then I chucked it in a corner again ... Still too much has been knit for me to give up yet.