Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It never rains but it pours

  • Yesterday the heater in our bedroom decided to stop working. By stop working, I actually mean blow up. The plug snapped off in the socket and it's black all round. Our bedroom has slat windows on two sides, and walking in there now is like stepping into a meat locker. The electrician will be here at 3:30 today, thank goodness.
  • The piece I'm knitting for the Patons competition was far too small for Marcus, so I've had to start over again. This means I have to re-knit the back and about 18cm of the front. Which is Fair Isle. I can't re-use the wool because it'll be short as I now have more stitches.
  • Dot decided that sleep is for the weak last night and howled from 11pm until 2:45am. The last 45 minutes was in the care of her father because her mother went semi-crazy.
  • I appear to have pulled one of my stitches which makes walking near impossible. I can't do anything other than sit on the couch and knit. While this sounds ideal, try being completely dependent on someone else to get you a cup of tea sometime. If they're not around, you don't get one. I'm not a big fan of passivity.
  • The car had an incident on Monday night (wasn't me) and now needs some repairs. These will not be possible until next week. Guess who won't be going to Bendigo for the Show this weekend? If you need me this Saturday, I'll be home. On the couch. Sulking.

5 comments:

Sonia said...

oh. no.

Put a call out on Ravelry, maybe some kind Ravelrer who lives near you can give you a ride?

I hate hearing about such sadness :(

Andrea said...

It's probably for the best. Dot's probably still too little to drag all the way out to Bendigo and Marcus has a head cold.

Life always seems to get in the way, doesn't it? Buy up big in my name though!

Celia said...

Sorry you are not up and about. Being dependent on others sucks. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Unknown said...

This hasn't been your week. But I guess bright side, things can only go up from here? Sending good vibes your way!

Leonie said...

Not such a great week apart from getting to spend lots of time knitting. Commiserations on the lack of sleep and the pulled stitch, neither of which are enjoyable at all. Best of luck for Dot to sleep better, Marcus to get over his cold and your healing to go according to plan. Shame about Bendigo but it will still be there next year :-)