Sunday, September 09, 2007

*What* a week!

At last I can reveal myself to the Jedi my secret project.












This is "Amanda's Shawl" by Beth Cohen, from Yarn Magazine (Issue #5). I started it two days after my friend Michelle told me she was having a baby. I ran out of the über-exquisite Wendy Dennis yarn three-quarter's of the way through the edging, so I put it off for ages, but it's all done and handed over now to much appreciation (don't you just love it when the person who receives the gift knows just how much work you've put into it? Michelle's great like that).












I had no idea that the pinning out bit would be so cool. It went from that...












...to this. Then it dried, Felix and I had an unpinning race, and when I finally saw it I cried from sheer joy.

I think I have to finish my Mystery Stole just for the pinning out fun.

In the meantime, thanks to the slackest job in history (a call centre with no calls) the knitting continues.










I have finished one grey sock, minus the lace trim. I've had to re-write the pattern to suit me a bit better.











I have finished my bad hair hider aka Caliometry (thanks to Big W for the amazing wool - $2 a ball?!?!?!).

I've started making a heap of Catnip Mice to flog at St Andrew's Market in a few weeks. My workmates (aka fellow slackers) think I should make up some more Mittens to sell.













And behold! Two Kitri socks awaiting cuffs! Now if only I wasn't such a wuss I'd be finished them already, but I'm scared of stuffing up the beading. I'm hopeless, I know.

Oh, and I cast on the Drunken Argyle. Let us never speak of it again.

1 comment:

Donna (Random Knits) said...

The shawl looks gorgeous! I love the magic of blocking, it makes me happy every time I see it :)

Donna
Random Knits