Monday, August 21, 2006

An atypical Sunday

A very unusual day in that I managed to get work done. As in finished.

First off was my teacosy, from J's old Rowan mag.

It took me a while to knit it, but as you get closer to the end, you tend to speed up somewhat I find. Unfortunately, when I finished the second side is when I discovered that I didn't have the right navy cotton to sew it up (yes, it was machine stitched. There was never a chance of me hand sewing this).

I like the look that the alternating colourways gives me. The yarn used is Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed DK, green being Beanshoot, purple being Festival and navy being Serpentine. The lining is Kaffe Fassett "Autumn Roses" and was surprisingly fun to use. I've never been a fan of the showier prints from Rowan, but this one seemed to set my work off nicely.

I also managed to hem the bottom of my Liberty pyjama pants I made, set a zip into a skirt and finish sewing all the ends into my black rib jumper.

I adore this jumper. It's knitted in SouthWest Trading Co Soy Silk Phoenix in black and it was a joy, nay, a beautiful dream to knit with. It glided off my needles like water and I loved knitting with it.

The pattern is from Rowan's "It's a Tape Thing" and was heaps of fun to knit - any pattern that includes "k1, drop 1, k1" is fine by me. I actually knitted most of this jumper during the Great Vic Bike Ride last year, so you can guess why I'm glad to finally finish it - 8 months afterwards.







Today's challenge? I need to finish knitting the front of an argyle vest for my da for his Father's Day present, and finish watching "Emma", the Gwyneth Paltrow version.
Now, knitting argyle during a dvd doesn't work all that well,

so as part of my "Finish all those stupid unfinished projects, darn it!" plan, I'll start the second sock in my alpaca bed socks. They were for me until I grafted the toes too soon. Fit my mum perfectly she was happy to say.

(You best know that I've knitted two rows of my argyle while I waited for the pics to upoad)

No comments: