Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Time for a chat with Felix

I've lost my knitting mojo.

Again?  What happened?

No, not again, still.

But I thought that thing you saw at Morris and Sons had rekindled your interest...

Oh, the rainbow Viajante? It did, but the complete lack of time it takes to knit it... well, it's probably never going to happen. I don't even have the energy to knit up my square.

Okay, fair point.  So what do you currently have in progress?  If I recall, you were almost up to date with your WIPs, weren't you?

I need to sew in the ends on the crochet blanket for Marcus and block the Egeblad doily. I don't suppose you've seen a small ball of fluffy red alpaca anywhere, have you?

Ummmm... maybe in our room?  Either that, or one of our little darlings has absconded with it.

Do we have any little darlings? Dot didn't look that darling when she was painting the floor with a new container of Nuttelex two hours ago... Hrm, well that red alpaca was to add a pompom onto Da's beanie. Other than those, and my stripey cardigan that I'm very slowly working on, I've only got my Sherlock square.

So... Dare I suggest it... do you have any new projects you're interested in?

Nope, so dare away. I have the yarn to make a cardigan with Chantal, and no inclination to do so. I need something short and sharp, I think.

How about that Sherlock Beanie that Emily was bugging you for?

But I've already made one of those! Making two of the same thing is why I hate knitting socks, and why you were lucky to get Doctor Who mittens.

Fair enough, we'll put a pin in that one then.  How about a beanie for one of the precious ones, then?  To quote one of our favorite TV shows, 'Winter is Coming'...

Marcus has a beanie he refuses to wear. Dot has an aran lace beret she refuses to wear. I think you have a better chance of getting a new beanie.

Okay.  So, what would you consider a 'short, sharp' project?

I have no idea. I really am a bit lost. I just need a small something something to get me started again. I think I'll just have to quit knitting. Nothing else for it.

Okay.  I understand.  I'll start piling your stash up in the back-yard, you go get the petrol can from the garden shed.

No comments: