Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The dilemma

Is it better to be working, and earning money (for yarn, magazines and more needles) or is it better to be at home, sitting on the couch knitting and watching one of my many BBC dvds?

The journey to my new job isn't particularly long, so while I can get some knitting done, it's not a great deal. Luckily, there is a one hour lunch break, and yesterday saw a whole round of Monkey sock repeat finished, which leaves two more before the heel turn (repeat after me: "Slow but steady wears the hand knitted socks").








Today's knitting was the first in a new set of toe-up socks for Felix, because went to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" tonight, and this way I could knit without worrying - and this is how much I managed today. Last film was "Transformers", and I took no knitting, and had no fingernails afterwards as a result.

Last week's cold/infected sinuses resulted in practically no knitting. It was only due to a concerted effort on the weekend that anything actually ended up longer/shaped/finished, and that doesn't include Saturday's "Leave me to die in bed please" request.







My nephew saw this picture of his jumper, and his only comment was that his name starts with a J. I know darling, and this is for your doll, Max. Hence the M. Work with me here - you did get a scarf as well! The finished result was handed off to my parents as they'll be seeing the gorgeous little man before I do.










Behold! A finished item! The "I loathe Centrelink" cabled bag was finally assembled late Saturday evening, after a strong dose of Sudafed, and I am just rapt with it. It's very small and cute and the handles make lots of noise. I love it.






This is all I've managed on my da's Father's Day present this week. I cast on, knitted the bottom shaping and keeled over. I'll be finishing it off this weekend. Well, on Sunday - Saturday is curling up on the couch and reading day...







This is my niece's cushion. The less said the better. Really.

No comments: