Saturday, June 30, 2007

What a difference a day makes...

The remainder of the red wine helped too. I sat back and tried to knit the Paton's bag, but realised that I didn't have enough yarn to knit it in the merlot. Set back number one. I hit the net to find another cabled bag pattern - they seem to be a fetish of sorts with me at the moment. A beautiful one came up - "Bella's Quick & Classy Clutch" - and I was off and knitting again. I had enough yarn, but I now need to buy some new handles as I only have some bamboo circles and I really wanted them for the Patons bag.

Now, being the kind of girl who doesn't give up easily I decided to use two different colours for the Patons bag - Jo Sharp's Silkroad Aran in Batik (out of production now) and Cornsilk - and it's coming along slowly. The width is 66 stitches, and there's three pattern repeats - 8 rows, 16 rows and 32 rows. It's not easy, even with extra thick yarn and 6.5mm needles. So in other words, I love it. However, I need to finish it in the next 12 hours, because my Stashalong starts tomorrow.

Now, on Thursday morning I gave in and decided to make myself a holder for just my double points. All of my straights are in an ak felt needle roll and my circulars are all hanging up in a holder I made, but my double points were all in a vase so I decided it needed it's own pretty place. The holder is listed in the first Stitch'N'Bitch book, and I made mine using a jumper I bought at the Salvos and felted at home. I kept the sleeves and frogged them for yarn, but that's another story. The fabric on the inside is from Cleggs and was so mega-girly I decided I needed it. It took about two hours and I'm really pleased with the end result. I need to buy a matching ribbon to trim it, but that'll have to wait until I'm less unemployed.

So, now to do the traditional Saturday shop, before I come home and knit like crazy. In the meantime, to paraphrase South Park, "Look at the monkey! Look at the monkey!"

No comments: