Friday, May 03, 2013

*Please* hold still!

On Wednesday night I sewed up Dorothy's little sea shell jumper. It took 30 minutes to set two sleeves and sew up all the seams. I really am quite lazy, aren't I?


The pattern is called Sea Shells and is from the book "Heirloom Baby Knits" by Deborah Newton. I found it at Morris and Sons one browsy afternoon and realised that it was perfect for using up the bamboo/cotton I'd frogged from Dot's little hexagon cardigan that she outgrew in a week. It's very VERY boxy, but then, so is Dot.

It was a lovely fast knit in 10ply with an easy to remember pattern. I made the 18-24 month size and there's still room to grow in it, although the sleeves look very short when Dot holds her hands up. I checked when she's just moving around and it's down to her wrists so I'll have to suck it up.



Getting her to hold still for a photo was a bit of a trial. First we had the kitchen...


...then the couch attack...


...by the time she was back standing I'd given up.


So of course Dot sat down and looked cute.

My children drive me nuts.

2 comments:

trishie said...

That is the most gorgeous knit. I've never seen the seashell pattern before but it looks great.

PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

Celia said...

Nope! Can't sit still. It's not the baby way.