Thursday, August 02, 2007

I must be ill

I'm finishing projects. Properly. It's obviously a fever of some kind. A madness, an insanity of sorts. For example:









My pears. The first four anyway. This is the before shot - knitted up, sewn up, ready to felt.









Here's the after shot. They need a lot more felting, and I don't know if I can do that many loads of washing in a week. I wonder if I can do them by hand? (Yes, my carpet is actually that shade of blue.)













A knitted lace bauble in the making - here you see how the shape is given, with a balloon in the centre.













After the balloon has popped, you have this. I'm still not sure if I like it, but it may yet grow on me. I love the idea...













I made the Lacy Bonnet from Erika Knight's "Baby Bloom" which states that you'll need 2 x 50g balls of Rowan Wool Cotton. It took 30g. Go figure. I'll be buying the ribbon for the bows tomorrow, so more pics to follow.













And Fiona's bookmark, being shipped out today. I don't know if it will make her feel any better, but she does read a lot.

I love finishing things. I feel so competent.

No comments: